Monday, May 20, 2013

The Birthday


This is the month which the sun getting more hot. The flora and fauna is burning and pale greenness fall down and kissing the earth. The naked rubber trees standing in lane at the back side of my home looks like skeletons, they are mocking the nature with their bare and dare.

My birthday falls on same month.

What is birthday? There is anything to rejoice here? Why people are very much joyful and spending bundle of time and money to conquer the aging process? There is any meaning to celebrate the birth?
  
Every birthday recite the same story. Endurance of my mother around nine months. I was there, inside her womb as shapeless. I was there without any fear; I was there without any pain, and without any mortal tension, pressure, sugar and cholesterol. I was there without any greed for money, no credit card, no loan. I felt more secure than outside of the world because of her care, her pampering and a love with affection and mollycoddle. I enjoyed that period but later, when I came out; I have lost the link and opened my mouth to cry like getting nettle-leaf scratch.

No pain, no gain! Pain is practically by-product of birth. The unlimited pain makes the faces happy and eventually the sacrifices of mother gives the impetus proud.

Why I came to this world? For what purpose? Of course, I am polluting this world every moment physically, mentally and spiritually. I am a beast, a beast with mind, a smiling creature, a mirror without reflection. Flip-side of that smirk, there is one shabby-line of dark tan ! How many days I can pooh-pooh with this dark tan? The underneath fact is; I am not alone!

Today, the official day of my birth passed as usual. Some murmuring of “Many Many Happy Returns of the Day” is enough. The echo of song of two sisters’ * is stirring somewhere in the air.

There is lot of things to rejoice. Plenty of bliss embraced all these years. But still... still, something is missing. A big vacuum in between life and death!

Life is burning like a candle. The pace of day and night are like a cheetah that got the thirst to kill his prey. Life is mere a bridge between birth and death. Every episode is milestone towards the final destination!  The happiness is peeping from the heaven and then wondering in the earth.

My mind is mute, deaf and dwarf. Nothing is competent to fill this vacuum. Everything is square peg in round hole. Nothing is constructive to coddle the painful destiny. The pain of birth ends with pain of death.

End of all hue and cry.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
* The song "Happy Birthday to You" written and composed by Patty Hill & Mildred Hill (sisters) in 1893

No comments:

Post a Comment